Meet Your Fellow Campers

We can’t wait to meet you at our virtual summer camp! Since this event is virtual, we thought it would be fun to host a meet and greet so we can get to know each other. Please take a minute to share a few facts about yourself, like:

• What school you’re from
  • What courses you teach
  • One thing you like most about your job
  • Something you’re excited to learn about at our event
  • Your favorite camp memory or your favorite summer memory (if you didn’t attend camp as a kid)
  • Bonus points: Share one fun fact about yourself (i.e. where you’re from, a favorite hobby or perhaps the name of your cat or dog).
  • Double bonus points: Share a picture if you’d like

Lets kick this off! I’m Jessica and I’m part of the team that runs the WileyPLUS Studio. The best part of my job is connecting with amazing educators like you. I live in Cochrane, Alberta, Canada with my husband, Matt, our husky cross Tundra and our two cats. In my spare time, I love to snowboard and mountain bike in the beautiful Canadian Rockies. Here’s a photo of Matt and I on one of our recent mountain bike adventures:

I would like to introduce you to a few of my colleagues who are running this virtual event:

I’m Alison Stanley, Marketing Manager and 1995-1999 camp counselor at Camp Have Some Fun (seriously). I’m really interested in learning more about the approaches, tools and resources you need to be successful in this new world.

WO%20steps
Here’s a quarantine snap of my family on our front steps…where I’ll be sitting while listening to the Wicked Summer Camp sessions. See you there!

Hello, I am Joe Czupryn, and I teach at Sinclair Community College in Dayton, Ohio. I use Alta with my Intro Stats classes.

Hi all! My name is Faith Miller. I teach math at Macomb Community College in Michigan. It’s been nice being able to work from home, but I can’t wait to get back into the classroom and actually see my students. One perk of being home so much is that I’ve been able to really brush up on my Office trivia knowledge. I’ve also enjoyed watching 4 owlets grow up on Twitch. Check out HootHouseLivestream if you’re curious.

Hello everyone. My name is Valerie Wright and I am an Mathematics Instructor Central Piedmont Community College in North Carolina. I also teach as an Adjunct Instructor at York Technical College in South Carolina. I primarily teach developmental and co-requisite courses but I also teach some college level math course like Quantitative Literacy. The thing I like most about my job is building relationships with students. I am excited to learn about transitioning back into the classroom after this year of mostly virtually. I think the best memory from camp was with Girl Scouts at Camp Thunderbird. One fun fact about me is that I am from a small town in S.C. we don’t even have a stop light.

Hi All,

I’m Andrew Lum and I’m a Visiting Professor of math at Chamberlain University, but I’m based out of Honolulu, HI. Looking forward to getting to meet you all!

Hi I’m Jason Patalinghug and I teach economics at Southern Connecticut State University. I use Alta for my Principles of Macroeconomics, Principles of Microeconomics and Business Statistics classes.

Hi everyone, I’ve been using Alta for Trigonometry for the last year. I love the adaptive learning aspect of it.

I’m wearing my Knerd shirt as I type this…

I’m Dina Yagodich, and I tech all kinds of math at Frederick Community College in Maryland. I have been happy with how I’ve been able to connect with students even during the pandemic, but I’m always looking for more tricks! I love photography, and am teaching this summer to justify a lens I bought last year :slight_smile:

Hi all,

I am from St. Joseph’s College on Long Island. I teach the full spectrum of math classes from freshman level through graduate. I am a little nervous about what the return to campus will look like in the Fall since I have been teaching remotely for over a year now. But I am excited to connect with other professors and hear tips from experts.

Greetings!!

My name is Mark Billiris and I teach at St. Petersburg College. I teach a variety of math classes but am currently focusing on Coreq classes. I look forward to learning more about what others do at their institutions (Coreq offerings).